11)Repeat for the other side.
12) Fold from the center again to make a strip of 1/2 inch.
13) Sandwich the zipper end in between the two sides of the zipper tab.
14) Sew as shown by the dotted lines.
Repeat these steps for the other end of the zipper.
15) Sew the zipper to the main and lining body pieces. Place the zipper piece on the right side of main body piece zipper pull side facing down.
16) Place the lining on top right side facing down.
17) Pin in place.
18) Sew the three together along the edge using a seam of 3/8 inch.
19) Place the main back piece right side facing up. Place the other end of the zipper on top so that the zipper pull is facing down.
20) Place the lining on top right side facing down. Sew the three layers in place using a seam allowance of 3/8 inch.
21) Bring the two exterior sides together so that the right sides are facing each other. Sew along the bottom and side edges as shown by the dotted lines.
22) Repeat this step for the lining pieces. Leave a 3″ gap at the bottom edge to turn the right side out later.
23) Bring the square edges together and sew them.
Repeat for lining pieces.
24) Turn the right side through the hole in the lining.
25) Close off the hole that you left in the lining.
26) Press the pouch and you’re done!
Whew! That’s the end of the post where I shared an ombre ruffled zipper pouch tutorial. If you enjoyed this post make sure you share it with your sewing friends or pin it on your pinterest board. You can use the icons at the left.
Be my sewing buddy and get a FREE colorful sewing planner!
Just enter your name and e-mail address in the boxes!