On this page you will find a list of ALL the resources that I use to run Sew Some Stuff. I’ve been using most of these resources for quite a while now which means they are absolutely reliable and you can get them without any worries about them being spams or fake sites.
Disclaimer: Some links displayed here are affiliate links.
Webhosting is the most important thing you would need the moment you want to set up a self hosted site. For a long time I had been on Godaddy. Although their plan was quite affordable I just HATED their customer service as well as their speed.
Recently I switched to Siteground and I’M TOTALLY IN LOVE with them for two awesome reasons:
- Their database makes the site load in a blink of an eye literally
- LOVE their customer support. I got my issues resolved in minutes through their easily accessible chat service which was impossible with Godaddy.
Their plans are also quite affordable. Click here for more info.
Social Media Tools
- For Pinterest scheduling: Tailwind Read my tips on using Tailwind to drastically increase followers. Using this tool I doubled my followers in 2.5 months and they have been growing sporadically since then. I’m also a huge fan of Boardbooster and I use both the tools side by side.
- To collect emails: Hello Bar/Chipmate
- Social sharing buttons: Ultimate Social Deux
Earn while Blogging
There are many ways to earn through blogging. One of the easiest way is through affiliate marketing. In other words, you get paid for recommending something to your readers.
I have tried several affiliate link platforms like Link share and Commission Junction, and hands down Share a sale is the best among them. This is the only affiliate marketing network through which I have made some bucks. So, I definitely recommend it. Click here to join Share a sale now.
So, what do you do next after joining Share A Sale? Sign up for the following merchants! Yes, it’s that simple.
Here are some of my favorite sellers from Shareasale which give you bonuses to post about their offers on your blog now and then. Even if I haven’t made any sale I can earn quite an amount by writing these short gigs.
- Mabel’s Labels
- Craftsy: Best affiliate program if you run a creative blog. Their site contains awesome online classes that you can recommend to your readers and earn commissions.
- Creative Bug: Similar to Craftsy
- Stella & Dot
- Gazelle: All about buying and selling gadgets. Your readers can earn money by handing over their old gadgets, you earn a commission too.
- Tea Collection
- Jane: Doesn’t have bonus posts but it is great deal site. You can share the deals with your readers and earn rewards.
- Ultimate Bundles: UB provides super awesome e-book and e-course bundles for several different areas like healthy living, blogging, DIY, photography etc. For every bundle you sell you get a commission of 40% which is HUGE. So, you really want to join this program!
Tip: You also might want to read this book by Tasha on affiliate marketing. After reading this book I went from earning literally $0 to $66 in 4 months. Here’s a shot of my earnings on Amazon.
Theme and other appearance setting:
I use the Sprinkle theme by Restored 316 Designs and absolutely love it to the core! For this theme to work you would first need a child theme which you can purchase from StudioPress. This framework will take your blog literally to the NEXT level. It’s a great investment to make your blog look pro and stand out in the crowd.
To organize my posts as you might have seen on the Tutorials page I use the super awesome Essential Grid plugin. Just LOVE it to the core.
E-mail Subscription Service:
Also don’t forget to check out my Blogging Help Centre board on Pinterest. I have tons of helpful links that worked really well for me.
My Favorite E-courses and E-books
- Elite Blog Academy (e-course)
- Pajama Affiliates Amazon Associates Masterclass (e-course)
- Pajama Affiliates Buyer Holiday Keyword Bonuses (e-course)
Favavoritne Photo Tools
- Pic Monkey
- Favorite graphic source: Huckleberry Hearts on Etsy
Be my sewing buddy and get a FREE colorful sewing planner!
Just enter your name and e-mail address in the boxes!