Sew Some Stuff is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This policy is valid from 13 March 2013
Sew Some Stuff (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://www.sewsomestuff.com/ (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, us, and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, postal address and phone number (“Personal Information”).
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
- Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
- You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
- To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads/#568137493302217
- Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Compliance With Laws
We may disclose personal information in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
Protecting your data is important to us. We are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR”.
“Data” refers to any information we have that can be used to personally identify you.
- Your Data will be stored securely by our email marketing client when you opt-in to subscribe to Our service via filling in forms on Our site.
- Your Data is used to contact you via email when we send newsletters, updates, reminders and other types of promotional marketing. You provide specific consent for this when you sign up to our site.
- Your Data will be stored for the length of your subscription or until you request us to delete it.
- You can opt out at anytime by unsubscribing from our emails.
- You, the user, will maintain the “controller” of your data. You can request us to delete your data at anytime by contacting us at [email protected] or via [email protected]
If you have an objection or complain, contact us at [email protected] and we will respond within the required period.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to Australia and process it there.
Access and Correction
Australian Privacy Principle 6 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) allows you to get access to, and correct, the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us on the details set out above.
Australian Privacy Principle 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) allows you to make a complaint about any alleged breaches of privacy. In order to lodge a complaint with us, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] using the details above with the following information:
- Your name and address;
- Details of the alleged breach of privacy; and
- URL link to the alleged breach of privacy (if applicable).
Please allow us 30 days to investigate your complaint, after which we will contact you immediately to resolve the issue.
Retention of Information
We retain information for as long as required, allowed or we believe it useful, but do not undertake retention obligations. We may dispose of information in our discretion without notice, subject to applicable law that specifically requires the handling or retention of information. You must keep your own, separate back-up records.
Links To Other Sites
Believe&Inspire has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children under 18 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers or replace it with the Personal Information of the Children’s parent or guardian.