This post contains a tutorial for DIY Leather Luggage Tags. These handmade luggage tags are super simple to make and come with DIY luggage tags template and free SVG file to make them using Cricut Maker.
Hello, sewing buddies! Welcome to Day 2 of our “7 Days of Last Minute Gifts with Cricut Maker”. Today, I’m showing you how to sew this super simple and straightforward luggage tag that also looks classy and will make an awesome gift for those who LOVE to travel.
Before we proceed, here are the other projects from this series:
- Day 1 – Leather Credit Card Holder Pattern + FREE SVG
- Day 2 – Super Simple Leather Luggage Tag – TODAY
- Day 3 – Super Cute Free SVG Gift Tags for Cricut
- Day 4 – Free Gift Card Holder SVG Tutorial
Now, let’s proceed with today’s project.
This is a luggage tag made from vinyl/cork fabric and has raw edges exposed on the sides. If you’d like to sew a fabric luggage tag instead, you can check out the following tutorials.
- BEST Schmancy DIY Luggage Tags Plus Video Tutorial
- Ultimate One Stop Guide on How to Make Fabric Luggage Tags
I also have another version of Cricut Maker Luggage tag. You can check it out in this post: DIY Leather Cricut Luggage Tags Tutorial (FREE SVG)
AMAZON AFFILIATES DISCLOSURE
Sew Some Stuff is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Some links in this post are affiliate links.
Here’s the list of supplies you will need to sew this DIY leather key fob.
Supplies Needed for This Project
- Cricut Maker Machine
- 12″x12″ Strong Grip Mat
- Brayer and Remover Tools
- Cricut Essential Tools Kit
- A scrap of Faux Leather at least 9″x8″
- Or you can also use cork fabric found here
- Sewing supplies
- Walking Sewing Machine Presser Foot
- Free Card Wallet SVG File/PDF – can be grabbed from the free pattern library for VIP members. Become a VIP member by signing up for the email list below.
Cutting Instructions for Super Simple DIY Leather Luggage Tags
You would need to cut out fabric panel measuring 10″x10″ and a piece of clear vinyl measuring 3″x4″.